There are two styles of bikes available they are all 8 speed mountain bikes with hand brakes made by either Giant or Electra. Both brands are sturdy and regularly maintained by our local bicycle shops. The seats are adjustable and comfortable enough to ride all day. Want to lock it up while you shop or eat? No problem. We provide locks with a key at no additional cost. We require you to wear a helmet. If you need to borrow one, each location has helmets available at no cost.
Official Rules and Regulations:
- Cyclists must be 18 years old or older with a valid form of identification.
- Cyclists must leave identification with a BikeScranton partner site while bike is in use.
- Cyclists must completely fill out and turn in the BikeScranton waiver.
- BikeScranton’s hours are subject to hours of operation for each given location.
- Bikes are to be returned in the same condition issued.
- Cyclists are responsible for all undisclosed damages, including but not limited to:
- Lost or stolen bike, or bike parts
- Flat tires, bent rims, broken spokes
- Any damage that would otherwise render the bike inoperable
- Cyclists are required to report any damage upon return.
- Cyclists who do not return BikeScranton bikes and equipment by the close of the day will be reported to the local police department.
- Bicycling activities involve risks and dangers of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death. Bike Scranton assumes no responsibility for any injury resulting from the use of program bicycles.
- Cyclists are required to wear helmets. Helmets are offered by BikeScranton and are available upon request.
- Cyclists must obey all PA laws and regulations governing bicycles and their use. Pennsylvania Bicycle Driver’s Manual is available to view online.