All BikeScranton bikes are sturdy and regularly maintained by local bicycle shops. The seats are adjustable and comfortable enough to ride all day. Want to lock it up while you shop or eat? No problem. We provide locks with a key at no additional cost. Cyclists are strongly encouraged to wear helmets. If you need to borrow one, helmets are available at each share site at no charge.
Official Rules and Regulations:
- Cyclists must be 16 years of age or older with a valid Driver’s License or photo ID. Cyclists under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Cyclists must provide identification at the BikeScranton partner site before borrowing a bike.
- Cyclists must fill out and turn in the BikeScranton waiver.
- BikeScranton’s hours vary depending on the hours of operation for each share site.
- Bikes are to be returned in the same condition issued.
- Cyclists are responsible for all undisclosed damages, including but not limited to:
- Lost or stolen bike, or bike parts;
- Flat tires, bent rims, broken spokes; and
- Any damage that would otherwise render the bike inoperable.
- Cyclists are required to report any damage upon return.
- Cyclists who do not return BikeScranton bikes and equipment by the close of the day will be reported to the local police department.
- Bicycling activities involve risks and dangers of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death. BikeScranton assumes no responsibility for any injury resulting from the use of program bicycles.
- Cyclists are strongly encouraged to wear helmets. To promote safe riding, we provide helmets as part of the program.
- Cyclists must obey all PA laws and regulations governing bicycles and their use. Click here to review the Pennsylvania Bicycle Driver’s Manual.